The Camp after the War
While investigations are currently in progress to confirm
the following details, it would appear that following
the departure of the Germans, the Camp was closed in 1919
and those huts that were serviceable were almost immediately
auctioned off to the "private sector", while
those found to be in a poor condition were destroyed.
It would appear that at least one hut was still surviving
at La Moye approximately some 20 years ago, being used
as a storage shed on a farm.
The Camp Area Today
A number of the more substantial items of construction
remained, however, and are still in existence today. A
range of colour photographs taken by Heather Morton the
Senior Librarian at the Jersey Library in Halkett Place,
St. Helier show some of the block outlines and the structures
still in place.