The large ornate trench art shellcases (75mm) were brought
back from France by Ada Le Poidevin, who served there
with the Salvation Army with the BEF, from 1917 to 1919.
These cases are approximately 13ins (33 cm) tall.
She also brought back the smaller shell cases (37mm).
They stand approximately 5ins (13 cm) high, and are clearly
marked with the name of the town of Arras, where Ada was
stationed with the Salvation Army War Graves Visitation
Service until 1923.